Thursday, January 15, 2015

Vegan Diaries #5

November-January 15, 2015
 
During the entire month of November, everything was great. I learned how to cook several different new recipes from my new cook book. This book is amazing and has every thing in it. If you think of it, it's in the book. My favorite recipes are the different soups. If you are vegan and just starting out, I definitely recommend this book. Even if you are not new, I still recommend it.
Going to my relative's party was very frustrating. There was over 50 people there, and the only food I could eat was the vegetable appetizer platter and the small salad. Because there were so many people there, I wasn't allowed to eat as much as I want. I couldn't eat half. Same goes for the salad. I even brought a bunch of bananas just in case there wasn't enough food, but I pretty much ate them in 10 minutes while all of my relatives questioned me, asking me what was wrong with me. My one aunt tried convincing me that I was poisoning myself because "I was eating too much potassium." My favorite thing she said was "If you keep eating all of that sugar, you are going to get diabetes."  They made me feel like shit for eating the way I do, making it seem like I have a choice. But, I know as soon as I eat an animal product, I get very sick with severe stomach pains and have diarrhea, and vomit. Why would I want to suffer through that? I don't which is why I suffer through the criticism instead. Because I was so hungry, I became a raging bitch. It's what happens when I'm hungry. I know I'm not the only one who has a behavior change in that type of situation. And, it is not like I could go home to eat and come back. I live in Reading, PA; this party was somewhere in, NJ, a 2.5 hour drive. If I did have the option to leave, I definitely would not have come back because my relatives were so rude.
 

Thanks Giving was very interesting because this year it was at my house. My aunt and uncle were giving my parents "the look," basically the look of "what is wrong with her?" and "this isn't normal." I pretended not to notice. But, it was all because all I ate was "my" mashed potatoes and pretty much most of the green beans. Before they came over, I had made a Thai stir fry because I was not going to eat the Turkey or the stuffing. By this time, my parents had become more understanding and less critical, thankfully.
 
Christmas was pretty smooth. I ate what I wanted while my family ate their Christmas ham. I was feeling a little sick, but that was because I had gotten my Depo shot on December 22, 2014. From that day to January 8, 2015, I felt so sick. Everything I ate made me feel sick to my stomach, and even when I didn't eat I felt the same way. I had no energy and slept most of the day. I was completely miserable. I never had that reaction before, so I thought it was weird. After I did some research, I read some of the side effects. What was happening to me one of them. I also learned that this type of birth control makes it extremely difficult to lose weight and messes up your thyroid. I came to the conclusion that I did not need this medication anymore. I originally took it to stop my stomach aches and bad cramping, and before this diet, the stomach aches never went away. The severe cramps went away completely, so I know if I stop getting the shots, they will probably come back. I'm just hoping that with this diet, they won't be as bad.

Lately, I haven't been following RawTill4 most days because good fruit during this time of year is extremely hard to find. My only options are oranges, dates, and bananas. A lot of the time, the bananas aren't as good. I found that eating a lot of raw food has been making my stomach acidic and is very painful, so I am going easy on the raw food. I still have a banana or fruit smoothie for breakfast, and everything after that is cooked. I have been sticking to more simple foods like rice and potatoes to keep the acid low. So far, it has been working.

No comments:

Post a Comment