Friday, March 7, 2014

Cos Lenses Review - Ifairy Nova Blue

                     My natural eyes
 Ifairy Nova Blue contacts in
 
                        close up view
 
 
Let me first start off by saying these contacts are so cool. I love the way they make my eyes look.
 
I ordered these contacts in Nova Blue from coslenses.com. Normally, I order my contacts from PinkyParadise, and they do have these contacts, but they didn't have photos with buyers wearing them, so I refrained from buying theirs. For me, I only buy things when I can check out the reviews from them, so I went somewhere else. Actually, I heard about this place from Alexa Poletti's blog where she reviews these in green. They looked amazing on her, so I wanted to give them a shot. Really, it was her good review that pushed me into buying these. Hahaha. I kind of wish I got the green ones in this version as well because my eyes have a little green in them, and those contacts would make them look even better than the blue one do.
 
Comfort: At first, these contacts feel weird because they are actually bigger in size, which I'm not used to, but after a while I got used to them. That is not to say that they weren't irritating. They did feel a little scratchy, but only around the outside where it went passed my iris. It probably bothered me more than someone who is used to larger circle lenses since this was the first time wearing larger contacts. I do not think I could wear these for more than four hours. I guess I just have to keep putting them in and wear them a little longer each day to get used to them. 3/5
 
Enlargement Effect: Initially, I was looking for regular-sized contacts because I was afraid larger ones would irritate my eyes, but for those who are interested in the enlargement effect: These were definitely larger than my irises and made me look doll-like. The black ring and slightly opaque blue color hides where my irises end for the most part. You can only see it when super close up, like someone would literally have to be beyond your personal boundaries to notice. 5/5
 
Design: I really like the design of these. There is a good amount of blue and it is lightly opaque, so it doesn't give you that alien look. The color blends nicely with your eyes. The black ring that goes around it gives these contacts great contrast as well. They look great on light colored eyes. I'm not so sure how they would look on brown eyes. I feel like the blue would be hard to see. 5/5
 
Color: Since I have lighter eyes, the colors looks fantastic, and turns my eyes to an aqua color. From far away, the color is not very noticeable since my eyes are a bluish green already, but that's okay. I want them to look realistic. 4.5/5
 
Naturalness: These do look natural from far away. When close up, the black ring gives it away, but again, I don't care. People who know me know what my natural eye color is, so they know when I'm wearing colored contacts. Strangers don't get obnoxiously close to you anyway to even think that those aren't your natural eyes. Other than the black ring around the lenses, they way that the blue blends into your eyes looks very natural. 4/5
 
I don't normally grade shipping because a lot of these products are from some part of Asia, which takes a very long time. These contacts though, seem to have taken longer than usual to the point where I forgot I even ordered them. Haha. I ordered these February 15, 2014, and got them yesterday, March 6, 2014. Processing took like a week and a half, which to me is a very long time. But, hey, I rather have that take long and for them to get my order right than have it last a day and get my order wrong. No worries.
 
You can find these contacts here.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment