Friday, March 7, 2014

Gothic Lolita Wigs/RockStar Wigs Review - Ombre Alexa Pink to White Fade


I got this wig from Gothic Lolita Wigs/RockStar Wigs, and I have to say, this wig is gorgeous. It is super soft, and I love how the pink fades to white. The wig is not very shiny, which surprised me because the stock photo on the website make it look super shiny. I'm also very glad that they came up with this style because originally, I was going to buy the same color scheme but from the rhapsody collection, and I was not looking forward to straightening all of that hair. This wig came with side swept bangs, which were cut into a fringe (like seen in the picture up top).

The hair is very long and has a medium thickness. I wish it was a little thicker, but that's only because I naturally have very thick hair and I'm not used to hair thinner than that of my own. This hair actually feels very feathery and light. I wish the color was slightly darker so it would compliment my skin more. My makeup makes my skin look darker, and when I have this wig on in combination, my face has this yellowy/orange tint, which looks awful. If I don't put on any concealer or foundation, it looks okay. I just need to buy those things in a lighter shade, which is almost impossible because I buy the lightest concealer and foundation in the brand I use already. It's frustrating. So, for those who have darker skin, I wouldn't recommend this wig. It looks best on those with very pale and whitish skin kind of like a porcelain doll. But really, there are no rules. This is just my opinion. You should do whatever you want, and if this wig makes you feel beautiful, who am I to stop you from buying and wearing it? I am just giving you a heads up, and my personal view of it. I'm not telling you want to do.

For the top of the wig, there a very slight skin top, but more so a point where all of the hair meets up. It only looks fake if you stare at it constantly. Honestly, if you are wearing this wig on public, I don't think someone will get close enough and/or at the same time stare at you obnoxiously to even notice or care. For me, I love wearing hats, especially beanies, so it's not a big deal. If you feel worried that people are going to notice, wear a hat, headband, hair clips, etc. You can even curl or make your wig wavy to give it a realistic texture to make it look less fake.
 
I also recommend using a beige/skin-toned wig cap while wearing this wig just in case the hair separates enough to where you can see underneath the hair. Though, I recommend that with all light-colored wigs. I haven't had that problem with this wig yet or any of Gothic Lolita/RockStar's wigs so far. It's just a precaution I always take.
 
Shipping was very fast. I got it two days after processing, which is awesome!


You can find this wig here.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for this review, I was thinking about getting the same wig but in light blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me what you think of it if you do get it. I was thinking of getting it too.

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking of buying the same wig but in lavender to pink. Did you cut the bangs shorter and straighter? Did the bangs originally come as the length of the longer pieces you have on the outside?

    ReplyDelete