Sunday, February 9, 2014

Rhapsody in Rose Wig Review

Stock Photo
Stock Photo
When I first saw this wig online, I immediately fell in live with it. The main pink color wasn’t super dramatic, and the way that it fades into a lighter pink made this wig even more gorgeous. I just had to buy it. When I got this wig in the mail I was very surprised on how puffy and crazy the waves/curls were. When I put it on my head, my face was engulfed by all of the hair. It was crazy. The waviness was not like the stock picture, but when I quickly ran the flat iron through it, that’s when it started to calm down and look like the photo on the site. Not really a big deal. The bangs were exactly like the stock photo though. Since my face has a weird shape, it doesn’t look good with the side swept bangs, so I cut them straight across. That was my intention anyway. Eventually, I straightened the entire wig, which took an hour. No surprise there.
Did not alter hair. Had to pin some of it under to make it not so puffy and overwhelming.
Did not alter hair. Had to pin some of it under to make it not so puffy and overwhelming.
Other than having super curly/wavy hair, the wig is pretty thick, soft, and airy. I feel like the hair is even softer after you straighten it, but it could just be me. You can’t see the wefts in the back, which is a good thing. And, on the inside of the weft, there are three pins that keep the wig in place (One in the front and two in the back). In addition, there are adjustable straps in the back. There is a small skintop at the top of the wig to make it look like your scalp is underneath it. Lastly, the hair of this wig isn’t shiny, which makes it seem more like natural hair.
As for shipping, I had to pre-order it since it was out of stock, but once it was in stock, it came within seven days. It would have come in three days, but the series of snow storms delayed the mail a few days, which is understanding. I wouldn’t want anyone getting hurt while trying to drive in eight inches of snow and an inch of ice.
I am rating this wig a 10/10 for its perfection. It is everything I hoped for. I just wish it was less than $64, but hey, it was worth every penny. I really want to get the burgundy one in rhapsody as well, but that won’t be for a very long time. I need a new job first. Blahhh….
Thanks for reading!
You can buy this wig here.
Under Natural Light. After I cut the bangs and straightened it.
Under Natural Light. After I cut the bangs and straightened it.

No comments:

Post a Comment